Study cluster on vertical handover
- 8.8.2009: Current PM&RG seminar and PM&RG education main page
- 31.5.2005: Presentations from the final event are available at the timetable page
- 18.4.2005: Timetable update: 3.5 lecture will start at 14.15
- 11.4.2005: New date for the final event is Thursday 26.5.2005
- 28.1.2005: Guidelines for the literature survey and its presentation added
- 28.1.2005: Topics for assignments and literature surveys attached to the timetable
Information about the study cluster
PM&RG research group arranges a study cluster on vertical handover related research in spring 2005.
PM&RG invites students, researchers and experts to join the cluster. The cluster aims to attain credits in various ways such as
- Seminar work (e.g. T-106.850 Seminar on software technology)
- Special assignment (e.g. T-106.830 Special assignment in software technology)
- Project assignment (e.g. T-106.720 Project in software technology)
- Individual studies (e.g. T-106.870 Individual studies)
- Updating knowledge (without credit goals)
The seminar is based on the VHO project (Innovation prototyping for vertical handover) and the thematic group NETS1a Collaborative networks of Tekes. The project is about vertical handover and simultaneous multiaccess in heterogeneos networks. Thus the cluster has an opportunity to study
- adaptive applications and divergent services
- application or operator triggered handovers
- MobileIP and HIP
- simultaneously utilizing several networks
- issues service and device discovery
Vertical handover means transfering the connection from network to another, even between different network technologies (e.g. WLAN - UMTS, LAN - GPRS).
As a special flavour of this seminar, the participants are able to implement prototypes. There are assignments as well for groups as individuals.
The timetable provides important information about lecture dates and deadlines.Furthermore, the slides and other lecture material are available through the timetable. In particular the introductory slides of the first session explain the system and options of the study cluster.
For more information please send e-mail to and include the marking "VHO SC" in the subject field.
Updated: 08.08.2009, page maintained by PM&RG